19 May 2010

What Every Family Needs To Be Strong

I received this e-mail today and wanted to share this with you. Hope you like it!




What Every Family Really Needs to Be Strong...

"When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need-words that will help others become stronger."

Ephesians 4:29 (NCV)



Just for today: Couldn't all words out of my mouth only be the strengthening words? Words that nourish their bones and muscle their hearts.



What if I tried to change nothing in children but I focused on only this: Let the tongue speak only the words that make souls stronger. Like Oxygen, couldn't just speaking strengthening-words change the whole atmosphere?

It's a dark night weeks later. I turn out the last light and a voice calls through the dark.

"Mama?"

"Yes?" I wait still in the black, hand on a light switch.

"Thanks...for the way you made me feel today."



It's the words, the strengthening words, the I-will-build-you-up-until-you-stand-so-tall-you-can-see-Jesus-here-and-in-you-and-even-in-me-words. I lean into a door frame and tonight I get to smile and I fill with the full life, light in the dark.

Grace words make the weak-us stronger.

by Ann Voskamp

1 comment:

Wendy Irene said...

beautiful words! Thank you for sharing! It was truly wonderful to meet you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails