13 April 2010

Tassimo


Being a shoeless mom I am always on the lookout for ways to make my life just a little easier and practical ways to enjoy the little things in life.

As I am the only coffee drinker in my home I hated making a pot of coffee with no one to share it with. Seriously if I didn't have kids I would never cook, I don't like making stuff for just me. Why would I when it's just so much easier to go out?

Here's the thing, having kids means just running out for something (like that cup of coffee) isn't that easy. It would require finding coats and shoes for 3 people loading everyone into the car unloading them at the store, and then listening to them whine about how they want everything in sight.

Yup that quick little 5 minute trip turns into a 20+ minute ordeal that inevitably leads to loss of all sanity.

I Love Love Love coffee. It's wonderful in it's warm comforting goodness. Yes I am a little quirky that way.

I had been looking at the Tassimo Hot Beverage System for a while but balked at the cost. After all I had a perfectly good coffee maker at home. How could I justify spending so much money on something just for me?

Well I found myself standing in Walmart staring at this beautiful piece of machinery (yet again) and decided well I could put it in my cart while I debate it a bit more.

I tried to talk myself out of it... What if I couldn't get disks to make it work? What if I couldn't get a good selection of drinks for it here?

I then found myself in the food isle when low and behold there were the disks. And yes they had the Latte as well as regular coffee and hot chocolate.

I just knew it was meant to be. 

Yes I brought it home with me. This after all was going to save money on stopping at 7-ll or Timmy Ho's for coffee. And certainly these disks would be cheaper than the $2-$3 for each coffee. Yes it was the only responsible thing to do.

The excitement was almost more than I could bare!

When I got home I opened the box cleaned it up and tried to make my first coffee! In my mind this was going to be just a little piece of heaven.

Only something wasn't quite right.

Water was spilling out and the disks remained sealed. 

Where oh where was this little piece of heaven? Why could I not get this to work? This is supposed to be user friendly? Just a push of a button? What's wrong with me that this is happening? Wasn't this just meant to be?

After rereading all the directions and asking my dear friends for help I found the cause of this problem. The machine was missing an entire section... the one that pierces the disks and essentially makes the whole thing work.

Here's the part where buyers remorse kicks in.

I just spent how much money on this machine that doesn't work? What was I thinking? 

I NEED serious instant gratification! Rather regrettably I didn't get it. 

Feeling the need to vent my disappointment I called the customer service hot line. i didn't know what to expect really... maybe a little sympathy, some understanding, someone to tell me YES it was meant to be, you deserve to treat yourself to something like this.

What I got, " There's nothing I can do about that, bring it back to the store where you purchased it from."

Not the response I needed at the moment.... and to make it worse I already knew that was the response I would get. So I rather defensively piped up "Well I'm not sure I would exchange it, I don't even know where I can get the disks!"

Yup I was still looking for her to be the sales person and tell me how much better this was going to make my life.

The CSR checked what stores carried the disks for me but I still didn't get what I was looking for.

Disheartened I packed up my Tassimo and returned to Walmart. Bringing it up to the return desk the young girl behind the counter innocently asked, "Do you want to exchange or do you want your money back?"

I can't begin to describe the struggle that went through my mind in that moment. Yes I want my money back and YES I WANT IT!"

Struggling I decided I would exchange and if this one wasn't perfect then it would mean it wasn't meant to be.

Again I went home this time filled with angst. Would it work? Would it be good? Would it be everything I hoped for?

The answer is yes. Yes it worked, Yes it was good, it was very good, and Yes it was everything I hoped for.

There is something to be said for the ease of having a fresh cup of coffee first thing in the morning as I am getting ready for work, or when I am unwinding at the end of the day.

My personal favorite thing though is that every single cup of coffee smells like freshly opened coffee. YUM!

So overall I have to say this machine fits my lifestyle as a shoeless mommy and I would not hesitate for a second to recommend the Tassimo to anyone who asks.

1 comment:

Jodi Shaw said...

Omg I love this! I laughed so hard only because I am your bff and truly know the struggle of regret and disappoi tment you felt when you couldn't get your new toy to work and regrettably it was not a computer chip causing the problem so my geek squad was no help. But you prove that age old theory something even products deserve second chances when they let you down lol. Like new shoes they just need to be broken in!

Related Posts with Thumbnails